Apple & iTunes U
Apple announced a new initiative to further integrate its popular iTunes software within college and university curriculum -- iTunes U.
From what I understand, the iTunes skin is customizable, so a college or university can add their own logo to customize the appearance of the program, which is cool, and a thoughtful effect.
I think, however, what further distinguishes iTunes U from iTunes is that adminstrators are able to customize access. I *think* this means that administrators could limit users access to music and other downloads via iTunes so a college could install iTunes on their machines and limit student's access to only podcasts, and myabe only podcasts affiliated with that school.
So, if we had iTunes installed on our computers here, we could set it up to only access podcasts developed by faculty at this campus, so students wouldn't be looking at music videos, or listening to clips of music during class.
From what I understand, the iTunes skin is customizable, so a college or university can add their own logo to customize the appearance of the program, which is cool, and a thoughtful effect.
I think, however, what further distinguishes iTunes U from iTunes is that adminstrators are able to customize access. I *think* this means that administrators could limit users access to music and other downloads via iTunes so a college could install iTunes on their machines and limit student's access to only podcasts, and myabe only podcasts affiliated with that school.
So, if we had iTunes installed on our computers here, we could set it up to only access podcasts developed by faculty at this campus, so students wouldn't be looking at music videos, or listening to clips of music during class.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home