Inventory of Professional Interests
These are the things I'm interested and curious about professionally:
1. Peer Feedback -- does it do any good? What good does it do? What's the best way to teach feedback? Does oral feedback work better than written? Does an open-ended memo format work better than a list of teacher-provided questions? Do students find any value in peer feedback? Do they learn anything from it? Do they make changes to their work because of it?
2. Online courses -- What are students' expectations walking into an online course? Does taking an online course shidt the students' locii of control from external to internal (i guess, this relates to my courses specifically, because, I imagine, you can create an online curriculum that does NOT require students to take responsibility for their own learning.
3. Seminar -- #2 makes me think of seminars, and this tiny enhancement to a course: does the simple act of requiring seminars alter students' understanding of college expectations, and their locii of control, internal versus extrinsic motivation. This would be interesting because I could do it with Darrell's students, in his classes.
Actually, this seems like a good idea. I'll stop here, talk to Big D, and see if I can get this rolling.
1. Peer Feedback -- does it do any good? What good does it do? What's the best way to teach feedback? Does oral feedback work better than written? Does an open-ended memo format work better than a list of teacher-provided questions? Do students find any value in peer feedback? Do they learn anything from it? Do they make changes to their work because of it?
2. Online courses -- What are students' expectations walking into an online course? Does taking an online course shidt the students' locii of control from external to internal (i guess, this relates to my courses specifically, because, I imagine, you can create an online curriculum that does NOT require students to take responsibility for their own learning.
3. Seminar -- #2 makes me think of seminars, and this tiny enhancement to a course: does the simple act of requiring seminars alter students' understanding of college expectations, and their locii of control, internal versus extrinsic motivation. This would be interesting because I could do it with Darrell's students, in his classes.
Actually, this seems like a good idea. I'll stop here, talk to Big D, and see if I can get this rolling.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home